Innovation and Stuff

Since my college days I have been looking for some of the cool discoveries I have read or studied and have been sorely disappointed by the pace of progress. Do you share this opinion? So what is this blog about? This is an attempt to prove to myself through things that I have read or though my readers comments that some technical progress is being made in our country. So all innovative ideas in any area of science or industry are welcome.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hey I just saw an article this morning talking about how the higher price of gas is going to affect our suburbs. In fact the article is titled: "Could rising gas prices kill the suburbs?"

It is of interest because it mentions the fact that the price of a barrel of oil is expected to remain high at around 50 to 60 dollars per barrel and could go as high as 100 dollars a barrel. So what is this going to do to the suburbs? Well this article claims we might not want to live so far from our jobs. So the inner cities will be prime land for redevelopment into new city centers. One land developer in particular KB Homes is betting on this in LA and is putting in a 2-million-square-foot complex of luxury hotels and private residences close to downtown LA.

So if you think the high price of oil will not affect your life much, think again.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to get back into shape so I can ride over the hill into work. If only I could bike commute 2 days a week. What a difference that would make.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home