Innovation and Stuff

Since my college days I have been looking for some of the cool discoveries I have read or studied and have been sorely disappointed by the pace of progress. Do you share this opinion? So what is this blog about? This is an attempt to prove to myself through things that I have read or though my readers comments that some technical progress is being made in our country. So all innovative ideas in any area of science or industry are welcome.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Hey gasoline prices are going down...



So gasoline prices are drifting down from the ~$3.00/gallon level to around $2.60/gallon. Hey the crisis is over and we can forget all this ever happened, right? I think everyone can remember the days when gasoline was $1.70/gallon and what always seems to happens after a high price excursion is that the price never seems to go back to its previous level. Why is that? I don't really know, but I think this nation, at this time, has more revolutionaries than any other time in history with a belief that we can change things on our own without the government and without its funding.

So please, do not let the banner of alternative fuels die. In the past, as soon as gas prices dropped to a reasonable level, and in our case that seems to be ~$2.50 everybody is happy and goes back to the same wasteful energy lifestyle. I hope that this time we can keep the momentum, keep investing in alternative fuels and move away from the horrible alliance we have made with the OPEC oil cartel.

We need to fully wean ourselves off foreign oil and get to energy independence. I am always dismayed at the hand wringing I hear in state of the Union addresses but no clear direction, no clear goals and no real commitment. Lets keep working on butanol and bio-diesel production...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home