Innovation and Stuff

Since my college days I have been looking for some of the cool discoveries I have read or studied and have been sorely disappointed by the pace of progress. Do you share this opinion? So what is this blog about? This is an attempt to prove to myself through things that I have read or though my readers comments that some technical progress is being made in our country. So all innovative ideas in any area of science or industry are welcome.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Aptera round two


Ok I can't help but write again about this incredible machine: The Aptera.

Is This Thinking Outside the Box or What?

It looks different than your standard auto. It gets waaaay better gas mileage and it uses state of the art instruments and technology. It is just a very cool machine, plus it is rumored to achieve 200 mpg+.

It doesn't have side or rear view mirrors, it uses cameras instead to keep the profile lean and sleek. It has a drag coefficient of 0.11 and uses gull wing doors. It is so sophisticated that the windows don't even roll down. It uses a state of the art interior cooling and heating system the runs off Photovoltaic cells on the roof so it should be a comfortable temp in the cabin area all year round 24/7.

It has a top speed of 35 mph. Whoa that is not right, it is 95 mph. It seems to do everything a regular auto can do but much better.

It uses LED lights inside and out to conserve electricity. What else, check it out for yourself at Aptera.

I can't wait to hear more about it as the year progresses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home