Innovation and Stuff

Since my college days I have been looking for some of the cool discoveries I have read or studied and have been sorely disappointed by the pace of progress. Do you share this opinion? So what is this blog about? This is an attempt to prove to myself through things that I have read or though my readers comments that some technical progress is being made in our country. So all innovative ideas in any area of science or industry are welcome.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Good info on Global Warming - Why we should be Concerned


I stumbled across this in my local library the other day and it turned out to be a great source for climate information. It is a mini lecture series on "Earth's Changing Climate" taught by Dr. Richard Wolfson of Middlebury College. Dr. Wolfson takes the viewer through a number of arguments supporting global warming and explains why and what data supports this theory.

What I found most interesting about this mini-lecture series is how he covers carbon content of the air and arctic ice samples. He shows a very good correlation between atmospheric carbon dioxide and temperature over long periods of time. He also shows many graphs and gives the viewer a good foundational view of this topic. At some points I found it a little rudimentary but overall it covers the subject well. Go to your library and check it out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home