Innovation and Stuff

Since my college days I have been looking for some of the cool discoveries I have read or studied and have been sorely disappointed by the pace of progress. Do you share this opinion? So what is this blog about? This is an attempt to prove to myself through things that I have read or though my readers comments that some technical progress is being made in our country. So all innovative ideas in any area of science or industry are welcome.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

What are we doing?


So what are we doing? I just watched the movie "Who killed the electric car?" and it was very good study in human nature. Specifically American human nature. We seem to have answers to our energy problems but we ignore them until a crisis hits, then we cry like babies that we don't have anything to solve the problems. Well this movie is a good study of the electric car, the GM EV1 and just what happened to kill it. It does a very good job diagramming the failure of electric cars to become a useful form of transportation in California. But at its underlying core is the seed of a thought that there is a conspiracy here. That it was mainly big business that killed this car. But you take a look at it and see what you think. I couldn't help but think that when we need a new technology it is not available, but years before the need arises it is developed and ready but it is kill or ignored because of odd or hard to comprehend reasons. That is it for today...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home