Innovation and Stuff

Since my college days I have been looking for some of the cool discoveries I have read or studied and have been sorely disappointed by the pace of progress. Do you share this opinion? So what is this blog about? This is an attempt to prove to myself through things that I have read or though my readers comments that some technical progress is being made in our country. So all innovative ideas in any area of science or industry are welcome.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

So, you want an electric car after watching "Who Killed the Electric Car?"


After watching the movie "Who Killed the Electric Car?" I decided I wanted an electric car so I did a quick search on the internet and I found two very sexy cars.

One is called the Tesla Roadster. This is a rocket on wheels with 250 mile range per charge, 0-60 in 4 seconds and it is 100% electric. It is a truely innovative car. The only drawback is its selling price of $92,000.00 and that is just the base model.





The other car is the Electrum Syder. This is a little bit more affordable at $69,995.00(Who are we trying to kid), and it goes 0-60 mph in 7 seconds(Is that all - ho hum). It has a top speed of 80 mph and can go 300 miles on a charge with Lithium Ion batteries and 150 miles on nickle zinc batteries.

Well all said and done, these are still some pretty exciting developments for the automotive industry. It is good to see some peppy little sport EVs showing up in the market place.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home